RULES & TERMS
1. PRESENTATION CATEGORIES:
A- The projects submitted to the Festival for consideration can be applied to a single main category (Narrative Short Film, Animation, Documental, Experimental, or Feature Film Fiction or Documentary), However, you can submit the project for the additional categories you want, one, two or all (Director, Soundtrack, Cinematography, etc.). Please select the category that best fits your project. The Festival reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project for any Festival program or delivery category.
B- Films must have been completed after 1 January 2021.
C- The festival has two editions per year and accepts all kinds of films from around the world, less than 30 minutes (Short Films), 4 minutes (Trailers), 8 minutes (Music Videos), between 30 and 60 minutes (Half-length Films) and more than 60 minutes (Feature Films).
2. PRESENTATION GUIDELINES:
Presentations are accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway
You can send more than one project, as also previous projects that were not selected. You cannot send a project that was part of the Official Selection of a previous edition of the festival.
3. Language (SUBTITLE POLICY)
-If the film is in Spanish or English, subtitles are not required (although it is recommended)
-If the film is in another language, it must have subtitles in Spanish or English.
All languages will be displayed in the original language.
** For shipping purposes, your movie can be in any language. However, if it is not in English or Spanish, the movie must have English or Spanish subtitles. All artists must respect all deadlines before and after the selection.
At the end of the selection process, the Festival will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided in the submission form to notify them about the acceptance status of the Project. The Festival rejects any responsibility and will not be responsible for any lack of contact with the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided is correct throughout the Festival selection period.
The Festival has no obligation to provide the Applicant or any other Project representative with any comments or returns on the submitted Project, any information related to the way the Project is, will be or was reviewed; any view that the Festival or any of the Project reviewers may have regarding the Project; Any reason why the Project, if not accepted for exhibition at the Festival, was not accepted; or any other information related to the process of review, consideration and/or selection of the Festival regarding the Project specifically or presentations generally beyond the information established in these Rules and Regulations.
5. SELECTION AND JURY COMMITTEE:
The Selection Committee will consist of national and foreign people recognized in the world of cinema and culture. The Festival Directorate will appoint the members of the Official Jury who will assign the Official Awards to the competing sections. People who participated in the production or promotion of any of the films of the competition will not be eligible as jurors. In case of parity or controversies between the selected films, the President of the Jury will be in charge of the final decision on them. The decisions of the jury will be UNAPPEALABLE.
Also, filmmakers are responsible for complying with all the necessary guidelines and deadlines to guarantee the highest quality of their films.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
All the above information will replace any other guide associated with the Festival. The Festival has the right to perform interpretations in any case not considered in these rules and regulations and may make exceptions as long as it is justified. The Festival Management will review unforeseen cases. Whenever a dispute arises over the interpretation of any of the articles in these rules and regulations, the resolution document will be the original and will be in Spanish.
A submitted project implies a total agreement with this document. Failure to comply with any of these articles may result in denying the participation of a project in the Festival.
Madrid Film Awards has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any part of the guidelines at any time without prior notice.
7. PREMIO ERCOLALO (only short films):
* This category is out of international competition. It is an additional addition carried out by the recent director of the Festival, (whose award is named after him and who delivers it personally) in order to promote and encourage young filmmakers from different countries, whose situations do not allow them to face an entrance fee normally.
Each edition will change the country, this is: Argentina.
- The film must be of Argentine origin (all genres are allowed) and have been completed after January 1, 2020.
- Maximum duration: 20 minutes (credits included).
- Maximum submissions: 1 film per author.
- All required fields must be completed correctly.
- Youtube, Vimeo, or Google Drive links are accepted.
- Links should NOT have a password.
- The submitted film that does not meet these requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- La película debe ser de origen argentino (todos los género están permitidos) y realizada posterior al 1 de enero del 2020.
- Duración máxima: 20 minutos (créditos incluidos).
- Máximo de envíos: 1 película por autor.
- Se deberán completar correctamente todos los campos requeridos.
- Se aceptan enlaces de Youtube, Vimeo o Google Drive.
- Los enlaces NO deberán tener contraseña.
- La película enviada que no cumpla con estos requisitos será descalificada automáticamente.